NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Cuba !!!

When you are over 42 and are a American you have several thoughts when you hear that Countries name.. Bay of Pigs, JFK, Fidel Castro, Che Guevara and Embargo !!
I was a young man when I first heard of Cuba. The word would stick in my mind for all of my young and adult life. My parents and friends would have little to say about it, well most of the time. I read and heard about the bad things that were going on in the country. I was told by my grandfather who I had always thought knew everything, that it was a country that the US let get out of control. Only 90 miles from the United States and they let a guy named Nikita Khrushchev come in and set up bad things that could mess up a lot of people and set the world toward a War..To me the only world I knew was the US , Mexico and Europe. It took many years for me to understand that there was more to it than that.
As a rule I live and let live, this however got my attention and made me want to know more. So I said I would visit the country and find out for myself just what could make a Country so close yet so far away bring out such emotions in me. Little did I know then that it would take 30 years , 2 wifes and a couple of lies to get me there.. More later , much more..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home