NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Here Come's The Bride !!!






My first Saturday night in Uzhgorod on this trip I thought I would spend a quiet night having dinner and drinks with my brother Sergei and his wife Maryanna. I show up in jeans , tee shirt and slip on ratty ass ed shoes. I should have known that some thing was up when they were dressed to the 10's. As a rule much don't get by me. This time it did.
Patrick we are going to a wedding !! Say what ? Da, we will go to wedding. Sergei I am not dressed to go to a wedding. No problem , we go to your flat and dress you. So, Off to the flat we go. I get dressed in the finest dress clothes that I had with me and off we went.
Another rule that I have is when I go to a wedding I like to know at least one of the people getting married. This was one that I had no idea who was who. All I knew is that I had a wedding to attend and with no gift.
I was introduced to everyone and all seemed to be in a good mood with one exception. There was one man that seemed ho have a problem with Americans. The more he drank the bigger the problem got. I like problems. I truly do. I have always had a thing for people with problems in general, and people that have a problem with me in specific. He would take a drink of vodka look at me and slam the shot glass on the table. Sergei said , Patrick that young man seems to have a problem with you being here. Yeah, I know.. Watch this. I walk over about 10 feet, pour a large shot glass full of vodka, down it and slam the glass down. He did not know what to do. Is this big American crazy ? I could see his small brain having this thought.It was showing through his small pointed eye's. To add insult to this, I went over to his table , poured him a drink and just smiled.
To make a very long story short, the war was on. I have a few photos of the wedding that I will share. I hope that you like them.
I will leave you with the same words that I had for the crazy young man as they carried him out of the building. Ya'll come back now, Ye Hear !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home