NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Monday, April 14, 2008

April What !!!!!

14th and I have not posted anything in almost two months. What the hell, I have nothing to post that makes any sense . Why start now ?
I am getting my travel face on. For some reason those far away places with strange sounding names are calling me again. I should have learned to spell and write better when I was younger. I am going to call my pal Dave in Toronto and see if he wants to make a Cuban run soon.I miss the club Monserrate near El Floridita in La Habana. The Monserrate is where my pals let me sit in and play with them. The music and drinks are calling me. Can you hear it? Mojito's ? Hell no!! A nice cold Bucanero and Cristal.
The weather in Cuba is great now. Hot days and warm breeze of off the ocean as you walk the Malecón. Habana Vieja is alive with every thing and every type of person you can imagine. You can find your soul at the Plaza De La Cathedral a 18th-century Cathedral that is breath taking.
Food ? Oh yeah, great places like El Aijibe in Miramar. Chicken and black beans with fried bananas . El Floridita serves better food than drinks. It is know for the famous Ernest Hemingway who, if you believe all of the stories told was a daily visitor there.To me it looks like a fancy whore house all decked out in red.We pass it a lot on our way to the Monserrate for some real music and drinks. Barrio Chino is another place to get a good meal. The Tien-Tan Restaurante is great. Lobster meal for $5.00 to $6.00 . Seafood and Italian? Hell Yes !!!A Prado y Neptuno 100% real deal . The best food that you will eat in La Habana. Good service and outstanding surroundings . Not very expensive and worth every penny that you will spend. A real Italian owns and operates it. He is our pal as well.
I have photos of these places , well at least some of them I will post later. I also have photos of a rowdy Patrick and my pal Dave setting in some of them.
I will leave you with the same words my good friend Fidel said to me as I was leaving last time. Recherd Ya'll come back now , you hear..

1 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Patrick-

    Just wanted to drop a note to my Caps fan friend...

    GO FLYERS! HA HA!

    ;-)

    Merri-Lee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home