NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Sunday, February 05, 2006

You had to be there..





This weekend we made a trip to North Carolina to see my family. We made a short trip of it because they were calling for snow and also the SuperBowl.
Part of the fun of the trips is eating as much local food as you can stand.When it comes to this, we are one of the best . The same is true when we are in Ukraina. We are pig's. I have no idea why, to be honest with you I have never thought of it, I am too busy eating.
The state of North Carolina is famous for a couple of things outside of me. NASCAR and what we call Carolina Barbecue. This comes in many forms. Pork, chicken and beef. Pork and chicken are the best sellers. Ribs are great and are always served with cole slaw and fries with ice tea to drink.
I bought Maryna some ribs a couple of months ago . I had no idea what I had started. She loved them and eats them with zeal. Friday night we went to one of the better joints and ordered ribs, chopped pork and all the other good things that come with it. This is a real mess as you will see and a grand time was had by all. The woman was wild. The kids went crazy and I just set there beaming like the proud husband and daddy I am. I was ask by one church lady, y'all sure talk funny;where y'all from? Vee are from Uzhgorod Ukraina; ver from you please ? Hu ? Whars that ? Vee are near Rossia. Whars that ? I am wanting laugh, Zhenya is just staring at church lady open mouthed with a hush puppy in one hand and his fork in the other. Baby Girl and Maryna come back to the table and we start eating again. Church Lady just looks, shakes her head ,mutters something and walks off. Damn I love a family outing....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those first pictures are your wife? She changed her hair color - I like the black.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger The Ranger said…

    Maryna says thank you she likes the black too. Hey Jenny, you did get a chance to eat the pork before you became a Muslim so you know how good it really is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home