NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Saturday, December 03, 2005

One Might Think !!

That the way I talk about Baby Girl and Gino that I have no other children. It is true that I have a new family and love them dearly. I have raised three other children. My daughter Julie is married and the mother of my two Grand Daughters Jessica and Lindsey. Her and her husband Michael live outside Atlanta GA.
My son Scott and his Lady Indica live in Greensboro NC. He runs the IT dept for UNCG and they both love their daddy. Scott was my Best Man when Maryna and I got married. We are pals and he does all those special things that sons do for daddies.
This one is hard my friends. We lost our middle son Alex in 2003. He was taken way too early . Some family's have a problem child and we were right in there with them. He had problems however he was ours and we loved and miss him very much. I wonder at times if I could have done things different. It is a subject that will drive you crazy if you let it. It is those damn second thoughts that keep you awake and yes at times wake you up in the middle of the night. I was looking through photos today and came across some from 1985. It was Christmas and Alex was alive and happy. My son was alive...Oh what a night !!!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's wonderful that you have such a big, loving family, and I'm so sad that you lost Alex like that. :(

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was in a long term relationship with a man who lost his teenaged son about 2 yrs ago. It was awful. I stayed close to him throughout the grief and got a pretty good look at what it must feel like. His son also had many problems. Acting out, getting into trouble, drinking too much, etc. But it was meningitis that took him in the end. So I feel for you and am sorry to hear about Alex.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry for your loss, Patrick. It's very hard to lose a loved one, but it's especially hard to lose one so young. No parent should have to endure it. You have my deepest sympathy.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am truly sorry for your loss. Losing a child must be the worst pain anyone can experience.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home