NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thoughts On Blogs & Things..

Today my Pal Limey wrote some very interesting things on his blog the whinny limey. What was just as interesting were some of the comments made about his post. I am a pretty laid back and easy going man and try not to let things that people say and think get to me. I have always thought that a persons thoughts and beliefs were just that. What they thought and it was theirs. They could share and we could choose to listen , understand , agree or not. I still to this day believe that and I most likely always will ..
I am a retired US Army Officer. Nothing special about that, I was drafted and stayed around because it was the only job that paid me for doing what I wanted to do. The army educated me, sent me to far away places with strange sounding names ,took me from a enlisted man to the officer ranks and taught me how to be a man. They taught me how to exit a aircraft while in flight , survive in a hostile environment and even how to fly the aircraft.
I have been wounded . I have been shot, stabbed, beat up and pissed on by a water buffalo. I have a few regrets not many just a few. I lost one too many friends in combat and may have shot at one too many who knows. I get upset when my people get shot at and killed by gutless men and women who have no honor. I should not say gutless I will say clueless. Each of us have our cause or wants , needs and desires. I just can't for the life of me want someone who has done nothing to me, on what may as well be a planet apart dead. There is no need for it. I have desire to protect my country and my family our way of life and our well being. If this means picking up what is thought to be bad people up and having a talk, so be it. If this means that the people picked up are in fact real bad people, then if they have to be talked to and information collected then that is the price that has to be paid. Oh , I will make this very clear. I could care less what Race or Country they come from. If a person or persons from any race, creed or color tries to blow my family, my county or me up, is fair game to get what comes their way. If is interrgation, a ass whipping or torture then that is the price they pay for fame and fortune. The fact that they are taken out of the US to do it is fine with me. Is it right ? No!! Is it necessary to leave the US ? No !! Is it humane ? No !! Do the people that engage in this kind of activity deserve any laws or protection? I say Hell No !!!!
These are my thoughts and I can say not mine alone..
One more thought and I will leave for the night. Eastern Europe has two countries where US Troops are and have for some time been stationed. I have my thoughts on this as well. I have to be honest I have first hand knowledge why they are there..

5 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seems like you have had a very interesting life so far, and definitely have reason for a valid opinion on the subject.

    Why did a water buffalo do that to you?

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coz the Ranger tried to feed the water buffalo "grits"....

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    More serioulsy, I can understand your reaction with regard to your family. It then becomes personal...

    But, with regard to your country? Isn't the idea of torturing people for their political views utterly opposite what the USA believes itself to stand for and, that by doing it, you undermine what the USA is suppossed to be...

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I respect your right to your opinion, Patrick, but I have to disagree. I firmly believe that the USA must hold themselves to a higher standard of conduct or they become little better than those they are opposing.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger The Ranger said…

    You are right. To use torture for someones belief is wrong. I agree with you,it is very wrong.To extract information that will help prevent death and destruction can be done in any way that works. That is fine with me, hell I will even help. We have all seen what is done to the people that they take. When I say they I am talking about the people that do harm to other people, I don't care who they are or who they do harm to, they are wrong and a price has to be paid.
    Combat people are paid to defend and protect. Military people are the first to defend the public and the country. These people have a job to do and they do it away from home in countries that that choose to do what they do for some uknown reason, or reasons not understood by the people that they do it to. Did that come out right? Hell show me a country that wants there people and land blown up. Any country. I dont think that you can. We put up with it for many years . The last two times were the breaking point.
    The point is that while it may not be right, war is not good for any country. It draines the people and the bank. We all pay in one way or the other, we pay dearly with loss of blood and life and yes a certin loss of freedom and rights.I don't like it any more than you would or do I have thoughts and knowledge of other things that I wrote in my last paragraph that will make you crazy..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home