NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dentist, Yuck

Today Babygirl and I went to the dentist today. I was ask before the she came in not to even say the S word.This is a hard thing not to say when you are ask point blank, daddy will I have to get a shot? Say what! Where did you hear that word honey? Oh Eugene said I would have to get a shot in the mouth. Not a good thing to tell your baby sister when she has never been to a dentist, forget about a shot in the mouth.
Daddy being the daddy he is, told her that she should not worry about this that shots were not as bad as she may think and that the shot would make her feel better when she was in the chair.
I go in first and get my teeth cleaned. She goes in sets down and tells Dr Chris , no shots please. Now this is not what a dentist wants to hear out of a five year olds mouth before he says hello. He takes xrays , tells us what the problem is and refers her to a dentist that works with kids. This was all before noon.
Today is not a good day for me. My son died 3 years ago on this date and it is sure hard to get through. I think to myself it is not a day I like to think about, however I always think of it on this day. I know it makes no sense. My head hurts, my mouth hurts and my soul hurts.
As Dr. Chris said to us today as we were leaving his office. Ya'll come back now, Yea hear.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey Patrick, thoughts are with you, old chap.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey nice blog, it wasnt that hard huh? Well if u got other probs with this shit let me know.. and dont worry you old moo, ur son is in good hands...

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha I love how you manage to end every post that way.

    dentists suck.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yikes somehow I missed that last paragraph my first time around. I'm so sorry about your son. I really feel for you, Patrick. That has to be one of the worst things in life a person can go through. And I've heard that the pain never really gets better with time so I'm sure today is a tough one for you. Take care of yourself.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugh - I mean Tuesday not today. I can read - I swear! Although I'm sure a day doesn't go by when you don't think of him - so today counts too.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger The Ranger said…

    Thanks my pals. It is a bad thing to happen to anyone. No, you never get over it and it doesent get better with time. You know what helps ? Friends like you who say the right things at the right time. God Bless You All..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home