NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Monday, September 11, 2006

Five Years Later..

Today I was on the street . I was stopped and ask by a reporter if , I felt safer today than I did 5 years ago. I want to say this and I hope that it sounds ok. I am an American Man. I was raised and have lived most of my life in America. I have not and will never not feel safe in my country. I told this to the reporter lady and she seemed angry and wanted to rush away to another person.
How can a man be a man and be afraid to live in his country of birth? I was born here. I was raised here. I have family and friends here. Why and please tell me why me or anyone else would be afraid to live in the United States. I have continued to fly and travel around the USA and the world. I have not let actions of others make me change my life or how I feel about life.
I spoke out to this lady. Hey reporter lady, why have you left your country? She tried to ignore me so I ask again. Hey reporter lady, why did you leave your country? Sir, this is not about me, it is about the adverage American. It may be however you were not born here, why did you leave your country ? Sir I am an American !! Ok, you may be however you were not born here. Do you feel safer here than you did in your country ? If so,I am happy for you if not, leave us adverage Americans who are not afraid to enjoy life and live in our country the fuck alone. I said this to the reporter lady and her camera man. They wanted to leave the area real quick. They had a getting pissed off redneck on their hands and had no idea what to do.
I get home tonight , turn on the TV and what do I hear? Do you feel safer today than you did 5 years ago ? I change the station. Guess what ? Do you feel safer today than you did 5 years ago? These people say this with a very serious look on their faces. I want to smack the words back in their mouths. I am not asking for any discussions. These are my thoughts and feelings. Good , bad or whatever, you are reading how I feel. Why can't one of these candy assed pretty boy reporters say to the American public watching them on tv , I am an American and I am not afraid to live in my country.
I will be quiet now. I'll tell ya'll the same thing that I told the reporter lady today as she was leaving. Ya'll come back now , yea hear.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I try , but i cant fully understand the Americians and their outlook. Im trying, i am but i dont get it. I think its good that the country is so new and unified by comparrison to Europe. But well somethings wrong and I cant put my finger on it.

    Im trying to learn more to change my perception.

    Best wishes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home