NVASHAG

The life of a Middle Aged American Man. Life as I know it !

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Через 7 днів я буду в ....


Our home in Uzhgorod Ukraina. I have booked a good flight and I am packing and ready to go. I had to book through Frankfurt then to Budapest, so for two hours I will be the big city and not a thing I can do but wait. I tried to get a flight through Heathrow and could not. I wanted to meet our pal Limey the Poles and Billy Boy, however it could not happen on this trip and for that I am sorry. I will catch them at a later date.The best part of the trip is getting to see and spend time with family. The next best part is being there for the elections again. I love the elections. I was there for the last two and now I get to do it again. Orange and Blue all over the place. People walking, talking, fighting and yelling, damn I can hardly wait. I will also get some dental work done, see old pals and meet a couple of new ones. There is something about marching down a street with flags and yelling that makes me crazy, damn I love a parade and all that goes with one.I will see my brother Sergey , little sister Andrainna, our pal Natasha and her family , our cousin Yana , my brother in-law Viktor ,nephew Dmitrij and most of all Babushka. Last time I was in Uzhgorod it was freezing cold and that was in Feb 05. Now Mar 06 it will be colder I am told. I am a very "lucky" man. If it can happen , when it comes to me, it will happen. Cold, snow, ice, freezing rain, hard assed beds and sour cream smeared on everything in restaurants including soups , stews and ice cream. I am looking forward to drinking some great Shampanske. I mean great and that is a very weak word for it. I am going to get in this business and we will all be happy. Yes !! It is best when served chilled with toast and caviar, red is ok, black is the best. I will bring as much of both back as I can get through customs and then some. I should have been a pirate, first it was Gold, then Cuban Rum and Cigars now Shampanske and Caviar. Ukraina has a very sweet heavy cream that goes good with coffee also Paprika that is so good you can make a sandwich out of it. I mean the good stuff that makes a plain dish outstanding.With that said, I will be in Ukraina for 10 days. If any luck will come back with news of a new home, business and tales of Yulia and her new position in like, Oh I will also try to contact our pal Tim and check on his well being.
До побачення , Ваш брат Патрік....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home